Saturday, February 21, 2009

Karl Wilcock from Hurricane, Utah, wins the boys’ 1600-meter run at Simplot Games


by Caitlyn Lancaster

Pocatello, Idaho- Karl Wilcock, a senior from Hurricane, Utah, raced his way to the winner’s podium in the boys’ 1600-meter run at Simplot Games on Saturday, February 21. Wilcock ran a time of 4:22.47 to beat the rest of the talented competition. On top of winning, Wilcock beat his personal record by one second.

“I did what I wanted to do, I came to win,” says Wilcock “I am excited about my personal record. I really like this track.”

Other medalists include:
Roblet Muhudin Aurora, CO 4:25.03
Eric Fitzpatrick Boise, ID 4:25.19
Alex Paul Boulder, CO 4:26.06
Bryan Jordan Reno, NV 4:27.67
Nathan Fletcher Provo, UT 4:30.58

Karl Wilcock wins the boys' 1600-meter run at Simplot Games.
Photo by Mike Roberts

click photo for high resolution image

No comments:

Post a Comment