Saturday, February 21, 2009

Utah athletes win big at Simplot Games

by Caitlyn Lancaster

Pocatello, Idaho-Sarah Callister from Ogden and Karl Wilcock from Hurricaneexperienced the glory of the winner’s circle at Simplot Games on Saturday,February 21. Callister took first in the girls’ 3200-meter run with a time of10:49.12. Wilcock took over the track in the boys’ 1600-meter run and clockedin a winning time of 4:22.47.

“I was having fun out there, Callister said. “The middle laps were tough,but I was really racing for time and trying to get under 10:50.”

Wilcock had a great race at Simplot Games, and ended up breaking his personalrecord by a second.

“I did what I wanted to do, I came to win,” says Wilcock “I am excitedabout my personal record. I really like this track.”

Overall, Utah had a great day on the wooden track at Holt Arena. Ten individual Utah athletes and eight Utah relay teams raced their way to thepodium and earned medals. The Davis Track Club out of Kaysville placed secondin the girls’ 4x800 race, and Simplot Games veteran Candace Eddy ran hard andtook second in the girls’ 1600-meter race. Utah showcased some serious talentthroughout Simplot Games.

For more information on Utah athletes visit http://www.simplotgames.com/press.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment