Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ashton Purvis from Oakland, Calif., posts the eighth fastest 200 meter time in high school track and field history


by Tyler Gibbons

A clean sweep for Ashton Purvis, a senior, from Oakland, Calif. Staying true to form, Purvis did it again, and for the third year in a row, swept the 60-and 200-meter events at the Simplot Games.

“I’m really going to miss Simplot,” Purvis said. “This was my first high school track meet ever, so I’m glad I left on a high note.”

Purvis won two events in less than two hours. She won the girls 200 meter dash with a time of 23.54, and the 60-meter hurdles in 7.36.

“I was really nervous at the beginning,” Purvis said. “But after that first turn the nerves subsided and I let my form take over.”

Ashton Purvis wins the girls' 200-meter dash at Simplot Games.

Photo by Mike Roberts
mroberts@122bresnan.net

click photo for high resolution image

No comments:

Post a Comment