Saturday, February 20, 2010

Chris Mamon, from Fairfield, Calif., wins the boys’ 60-meter hurdles at 2010 Simplot Games


by Amanda Meixel

Chris Mamon, a senior from Fairfield, Calif., won the boys’ 60-meter hurdles at the 32nd annual Simplot Games. He won with a time of 8.01 seconds, which is the 6th best time this year and a personal best for Mamon.

“This is my second year coming to the Games, last year I didn’t even make the finals,” said Mamon. “But I have been getting faster and faster and it felt good to win.”

Other winners in the boys’ 60-hurdles include –

· Richmond Ahadzi, a junior, from Brooklyn, N.Y., second with a time of 8.23

· Monte Corley, a senior from Union City, Calif., got third with a time of 8.32

“Simplot Games is one of the best meets in the nation, with some of the best competition, and I am glad to be a part of it. This year I even brought some of my friends,” adds Mamon.

Chris Mamon wins the boys' 60-meter hurdles at Simplot Games.

Photo by Mike Roberts
mroberts@122bresnan.net

click photo for high resolution image

No comments:

Post a Comment