Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trinity Wilson from Union City, Calif., breaks national sophomore record in 60-meter hurdles


by Tyler Gibbons

Trinity Wilson, a sophomore, from Union City, Calif., broke the national sophomore record in the women’s 60-meter hurdles at this year’s Simplot Games.

Wilson loves the indoor track at Simplot.

“I always tell people Simplot’s my favorite meet,” Wilson said. “From now on, if something will ever go down it’s going to happen right here at Simplot.”

For the second straight year, Wilson broke a class record while winning the 60-meter hurdle event. Last year, Wilson ran 8.44, breaking the freshman record.

“I just brought everything that I’ve been working on in practice to the race,” Wilson said. “And I got it done.”

Trinity Wilson (center) wins the girls' 60-meter hurdles at Simplot Games.

Photo by Mike Roberts
mroberts@122bresnan.net

click photo for high resolution image

1 comment: