Saturday, February 20, 2010

Orem’s Zach Blackham wins boys’ high jump at 2010 Simplot Games



by Jason Bohne

Zach Blackham, a senior from Orem, Utah, won the boys’ high jump at the 32nd annual Simplot Games with a leap of 6’10”.

Blackman said he felt very tired entering the event, but received a lift from legendary high jumper Dick Fosbury.

“He was talking to me, encouraging me,” Blackham said. "It really helped me."

Blackham made the most of his first, and last, Simplot Games, bettering his previous personal best jump by two inches, and matching the third best high jump in the U.S. this year.

“I’m trying to get better, and people told me Simplot Games would be a fun event,” he said. “It was really fun.”

Zach Blackham wins the boy's high jump at Simplot Games.

Photo by Mike Roberts
mroberts@122bresnan.net

click photo for high resolution image

No comments:

Post a Comment